Plymouth Foam's PaceMaker Building Systems brand has become a national leader in the manufacturing of structural insulated panels (SIPs) and custom laminated panels for residential and commercial construction.
SIPs and related products have emerged as a very popular method of building based largely on the construction speed, cost, structural strength and energy efficiency advantages they have over traditional stud and truss built structures.
PaceMaker's primary laminated panel products include:
- Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs): High-performance building panels for walls, roofs and floors typically made with expanded polystyrene (EPS) rigid foam insulation sandwiched between two structural skins of oriented strand board (OSB), or other surface types.
- Nailbase: Ideal insulation and nailbase surface for roofing and walls. Nailbase is made of expanded polystyrene (EPS) rigid foam insulation and one outer layer of OSB, or other surface type.
- Insulated Roof Panels: Building panels of various forms with an OSB top facer that allows shingles, shakes, metal or other roofing materials to be attached. EPS insulation core provides stable, high R-value insulation.
All PaceMaker SIPs are now available with OnGuard, a new additive that provides protection against decay fungi and wood-destroying insects. OnGuard is non-toxic, safe to handle, highly stable and contains no harmful residual elements.
PaceMaker is owned by Plymouth Foam Inc., a national provider of innovative building, packaging and OEM products with manufacturing locations in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Minnesota.
PaceMaker SIPs compared to Standard Construction:
- Design Flexibility: A common perception of SIPs is of modular, boxy homes, but in reality, a panelized, field-built home is easily and effectively built to a diverse and wide range of specs. Virtually anything you can build with two-by-fours you can build with SIPs.
- Energy Savings: 30-50% greater energy efficiency, which equates to an expected 30-50% savings on heating and cooling costs. A 6" SIPs wall has an R-Value of 21.6; a 6" stud wall is R 13.7.
- Greater Strength: Testing shows that SIPs are 2-3 times stronger.
Construction Speed: Large, pre-cut panels allow SIPs to be erected up to 50% more quickly.
- Comfort: SIPs are quieter, tighter and less drafty.
- Protection: The EPS insulation core of PaceMaker SIPs is available with OnGuard, a new additive that provides mold and insect protection.
Code Compliance: PaceMaker SIPs have national code recognition through ICC-ES Legacy Report NER-665.